• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any idea what this is? (1 Viewer)

No NW, that comes separately at a treemendous cost!

Seriously though, what a gadget and who ever would have thought it up! Great for the right occasion though.....or for Monkeys. ;)

Sue.

Hmm, what next - the brick wall screw, the car roof screw. If somebody was minded, they'd be able to invent something with, say, three legs that might even be telescopic, that you could screw your scope onto to stop for situations where there were no trees. I baggsie the idea first!!! :gn:

Craig H said:
If somebody was minded, they'd be able to invent something with, say, three legs that might even be telescopic, that you could screw your scope onto to top for situations where there were no trees. I baggsie the idea first!!! :gn:

That's a brilliant idea... Your gonna be a RICH man
...wish i had thought of it...Oh well!

Sue Wright said:
Seriously though, what a gadget and who ever would have thought it up! Great for the right occasion though.....or for Monkeys. ;)

Sue.

These things have been around since the earth was cool and are actually very useful, especially for photography. I'm amazed so many contributors to this thread are unfamiliar with the device.

AnotherNightOwl said:
That's a brilliant idea... Your gonna be a RICH man
...wish i had thought of it...Oh well!

I'll cut you in for a 40% investment. What do you reckon to using Carbon Fibre - nice and light, or aluminium for something stronger . Thought about calling them three legged telescope and camera mounting devices!!!

Craig H said:
I'll cut you in for a 40% investment. What do you reckon to using Carbon Fibre - nice and light, or aluminium for something stronger . Thought about calling them three legged telescope and camera mounting devices!!!

Sounds like a good deal. If you change your mind...Well at least you have given me a good laugh.

Regards,

Mr. Manfrotto-Velbon Slik :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back