• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any hope of an 8x32 coming from ZenRay? (1 Viewer)

7x32 sounds good to me too. I have just bought Vortex Fury 6.5x32 but would change to a 7x32 if it was better optically (I haven't tried the Fury yet, by the way so i don't know what would be better than it).

the zen-ray has to be smaller than the fury which is large for x32 bin. I have the fury and it is really nice, but pretty large.

Try to get to Leupold Katmai size for this binocular.

I have just bought Vortex Fury 6.5x32

Yay! Congrats Martin, good decision! But with all respect, why would you change for a 7x32? The linear difference in magnification is less than 8%.
This would be almost impossible to detect as the perceived magnification will vary depending on the eye relief, the FOV and the "perceived FOV" (which in turn is depending on how thick the rims of the eyepieces are and whether the eye cups are expanded or collapsed).

In fact, I believe the roof mag illusion will make the magnification of a 6.5x roof look larger than the mag of a 7x porro.
Now, enjoy your new backup bins, IMO they are a bargain! What did you pay?

Hi Looksharp,

I would change to a 7x32 by ZR "if it was better optically." Like say, if it was anywhere near being like a 7x32 version of a SLC Neu. A 6.5x32 SLC Neu-alike would be just as acceptable.

Very much looking forward to getting the Furys. They wont be here for another week or so though. They weren't in stock. They were £185 from Sherwoods. The cheapest place I could find them here in the UK. Somewhere else has them for £243!

Hi Looksharp,

I would change to a 7x32 by ZR "if it was better optically." Like say, if it was anywhere near being like a 7x32 version of a SLC Neu. A 6.5x32 SLC Neu-alike would be just as acceptable.

Very much looking forward to getting the Furys. They wont be here for another week or so though. They weren't in stock. They were £185 from Sherwoods. The cheapest place I could find them here in the UK. Somewhere else has them for £243!

I bought mine (the spare ones) from BestBuyOptics in TX, and paid $165 + shipping. With the duty fees and VAT the final was SEK1925, with today's currency rate that equals about £190.
My first pair came from Denmark in just two days and I paid SEK2650.
So you didn't pay too much.

I bought mine (the spare ones) from BestBuyOptics in TX, and paid $165 + shipping. With the duty fees and VAT the final was SEK1925, with today's currency rate that equals about £190.
My first pair came from Denmark in just two days and I paid SEK2650.
So you didn't pay too much.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

There was little option where to buy them here and shipping them in from the US was no cheaper with customs, taxes, etc.
I would only buy from the US if I was absolutely sure I liked the optics. I have never tried these so I want the option to return them easily.

I really really hope they suit me, they look so good on paper and I have read a lot of good reviews/comments.

Fingers crossed!

I'd like to see an 8x32 ED2- but failing that, how about an 8x36 ED2- along the lines of the Hawke Frontier ED 8x36, but with the ED2's faster focus at least (still not really fast enough for many kinds of birding)?

Charles,

Any update on an 8x32 ZRS?

David

David, we might not see it before this summer. We are still trying to work the bugs out of the system before releasing the final products. The process actually takes longer than what we initially anticipated. It turns out to be not as easy as simply scaling the size. Thanks

Charles

David, we might not see it before this summer. We are still trying to work the bugs out of the system before releasing the final products. The process actually takes longer than what we initially anticipated. It turns out to be not as easy as simply scaling the size. Thanks

Charles

Charles,
I often wondered why we see more roof prism 42's than 32's, especially among the less expensive brands. Even Nikon has it's 32's in it's upper price range.

You have given us a hint here. Do you have any more details that don't affect trade secrets?

Anybody else have any ideas?
Bob

Charles,

Your not feeding out intrest:eat:, It would be interesting to hear about those bugs. What component is being difficult, what are you trying to accomplish, what has been successful. Any new feature. Have you nailed down the size, eye relief, FOV, coatings?|=o|

David, the schedule of 32mm binoculars is pushed out further to allow us to focus on the products already on the roadmap. more to follow.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back