• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Among the cheeseheads (1 Viewer)

erik

cheesehead
Netherlands
I guess there will be little talk about holland in a special forum but maybe we could create a western europe forum, for countries including Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and surroundings :)

Good suggestion?

Hi Erik,

That's a huge area! Benelux, perhaps, but I think France and Germany might merit their own forums, then one for Iberia (Spain + Portugal) and one for south-east Europe, the Alps & Italy

Otherwise, why not advertise BF on the Dutch Birding website? They have a huge website with lots on it, but not, as far as I can tell, a forum.
http://www.dutchbirding.nl/

Michael

Maybe now is the right time to start off a BENELUX subforum...there are quite some new members from belgium and the netherlands!!!

erik said:
I guess there will be little talk about holland in a special forum but maybe we could create a western europe forum, for countries including Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and surroundings :)

Good suggestion?

Geez, when I read the subject line I thought someone was going birding in Green Bay, Wisconsin. . .

erik said:
so many dutchies there?

I guess my American parochialism is showing :-C

There is an American football team in Green Bay, Wisconsin, called the Green Bay Packers. Partly because Wisconsin is one of the leading areas of the United States where cheese is made, fans of this team have adopted a "cheese" theme, including the nickname "Cheeseheads." At games some of them actually wear hats that represent large slices of orange cheese. So within an American context, the term "Cheeseheads" is pretty universally recognized as meaning fans of this team, the Green Bay Packers.

I probably should have kept my big mouth shut.
Doug

Well, I'm a cheesehead . . . and I don't live anywhere NEAR Wisconsin! And there's no Dutch in the bloodlines . . . just a history of a few too many Dutch dates. LOL!! Just a Packer fan . . .

Doug, but thats just the phoney american cheese :D Dutch cheese is way better. And for those GreenBayPackers fans, its a little pathetic to walk around with a lump of cheese on your head, but hey, who am i to talk, all dressed in orange when the national team is playing soccer. Remember a week ago? They were playing against some team from...eeh...USA or so? I have hard time remembering it, not very impressive game :D :D :D

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back