• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Against The Illegal Falconers In Italy (1 Viewer)

macrourus

Dear my friends
I sick an important help from you...it is a really shameful and terrible situation in Sicily with illegal falconers in last years....
It sems that among 50% to 80% of the juveniles LANNERRS feldeggii and Bonelli's Eagles are being taken from the nest by a bounch of falconers. We know who they are but nobody is doing anything in Italy to arrest and stop them, you know what kind of distaster hopeless and terrible gouvernment we have in last years !!!!!!! (or always !!).
So I need your help and could you be so kind to write the following mails

Don't forget that Lanner feldeggii is one of the most endangered and rarest taxon in WP

To the Italian Environmental Minister

Al Ministero dell'Ambiente Italiano

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

(3 different mails)

Dear Minister Prestigiacomo,

I'm from ..... (your country) and I love Italy, it is one of my favourite touristic destination, and this mainly for the wonderful nature and history. However, I must change my idea and never come again to Italy, also telling to all my friends not to come and to AVOID Italy if the real shameful problem of the illegal raptors trading and collecting would be not stopped. In fact, in the last years, a group of falconers are illegally stealing from their nest most of the Lanner and Bonelli's Eagle that breeds in your nice region: SICILY !!

It seems that up to 60-80% of the young are taken from their nest each year. Those two raptors species, are among the rarest and most protected in Europe by the EU and the Lanner is one of the most endangered taxon in the whole Europe with only less than 400 breeding pairs.

So, I ask you and your government to do all the possible actions against this shameful and totally anti-EU phenomenon. Also, they sell the juveniles to the illegal market, making hundred thousands euros tax-free and in black, fully illegally !!!!!! THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE ON A CIVIL COUNTRY...IF ITALY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THIS, I WILL NOT COME AGAIN TO VISIT THIS COUNTRY ! ND SO WILL DO ALL MY FRIENDS !!!!!

THANKS

.....NAME....COUNTRY

Gulf countries

The likes of UAE and Kuwait need to be targetted too since this is where the demand for these Falcons from all over Russia, Central Asia and Europe is coming from:C

Done

Thanks for bringing to us the situation Macrourus, I wasn't aware of such a problem

I just sent the email, its the least I can do

skylark25

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've just sent an mail based on your text (might be best if they weren't all identical, I suppose) to the first email address you gave

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back