• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

500PF Discontinued? (1 Viewer)

MikeInPA

Fuck Trump
United States
This seems absolutely ludicrous to me because it's a phenomenal lens and one that's been in very short supply until recently due to popularity. But! Nikon Rumors have a post stating that it may be discontinued. Nikon Rumors 500PF Discontinued?

Anyone that's on the fence about purchasing this lens, get in quick just in case. You won't regret it. It's great on DSLR 's or Mirrorless.

This seems absolutely ludicrous to me because it's a phenomenal lens and one that's been in very short supply until recently due to popularity. But! Nikon Rumors have a post stating that it may be discontinued. Nikon Rumors 500PF Discontinued?

Anyone that's on the fence about purchasing this lens, get in quick just in case. You won't regret it. It's great on DSLR 's or Mirrorless.
This is absolutely ludicrous. I can't believe it. The lens is a game changer for its compactness and its handling - not to mention its great performance. --- It has been in short supply ever since it was launched, so maybe the reason for its being in short supply is the very reason why it has been discontinued? Problems with the fresnel element maybe? What about the 300PF?

This is absolutely ludicrous. I can't believe it. The lens is a game changer for its compactness and its handling - not to mention its great performance. --- It has been in short supply ever since it was launched, so maybe the reason for its being in short supply is the very reason why it has been discontinued? Problems with the fresnel element maybe? What about the 300PF?
No idea. I only know what I read in the attached Nikon Rumors link.

Call me a cynic: if it is truly discontinued, you will see a MK-2 come out in a year with increased cost.

Niels

It was a random posting on Facebook by some chap who received a message from someone at Nikon UK; the consensus is that the Nikon person was referring to the older 500mm F4 in saying it was discontinued.

Just shows how easily rumours can be generated by social meeja without any foundation whatsoever...

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back