• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

12X50 NL Pure possibly on the way.? (1 Viewer)

The BulbMogul

No real reason but to buy something new as I already have the 12X50EL Field pro but surely would buy a 12X50 NL Pure in "BURNT ORANGE" like my 8x32 NL Pure's...

Good day, how is the 12x50 EL? Why would you consider buying a 12x50 NL (in case they exist) and not the 12x42? Why would you prefer a N pure anyway? Wider FOV? Headrest? Just curious. :)

No real reason but to buy something new as I already have the 12X50EL Field pro but surely would buy a 12X50 NL Pure in "BURNT ORANGE" like my 8x32 NL Pure's...

Not so sure, the market seems to be moving towards lighter bins. But I guess eventually the EL SV:s need to be replaced. Hopefully with something lighter.

Downsides are that an orange huge 50mm bin might look like a life vest. Or even worse, be mistaken for a toy binocular...: :geek:

Hi,

I don't think that the EL12x50 will be replaced by a NL 12x50, the parameters are just too similar to the 12x42.

It will probably be like the SLC, the 42s have been replaced, the 56s have been preserved.

I guess the 50s EL will still exist.

Andreas

While not necessarily clear in some photos . . .

The NL x32's optional colour is burnt orange, and the EL Range TA's option is bright orange (as with the original EL Range).

. . . so an aesthetic orange verses a safety one?

John

🍊vs 🍊from the Swarovski site:

Orange vs Orange.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't think that the EL12x50 will be replaced by a NL 12x50, the parameters are just too similar to the 12x42.

It will probably be like the SLC, the 42s have been replaced, the 56s have been preserved.

I guess the 50s EL will still exist.

Andreas
This makes sense. I have wondered why so many models remain that are seemingly superseded. Different niches.

I‘m serious considering the NL pure as my first alpha.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back