• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSN-99A questions / expectations (1 Viewer)

marok

Canada
Hello folks!

Long term lurker, but otherwise a new member and also a new owner of a TSN-99A. I have some questions about my spotting scope, and what my expectations should be in regards to finish.

Thus far optically everything seems good, and it's a beautiful device. Haven't tried anything in the dark yet.

I do notice what is either what is is burrs or flaking paint on one of the internal edges of the tube, and potentially those same flakes stuck on the tube itself. Nothing seems to be moving or getting worse. I just want to make sure it stays that way.

I have no baseline for comparison for Kowa and am not sure if this is a concern, or should be expected to a degree?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240424_155401.jpeg
    20240424_155401.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 20240424_161321.jpeg
    20240424_161321.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Hello folks!

Long term lurker, but otherwise a new member and also a new owner of a TSN-99A. I have some questions about my spotting scope, and what my expectations should be in regards to finish.

Thus far optically everything seems good, and it's a beautiful device. Haven't tried anything in the dark yet.

I do notice what is either what is is burrs or flaking paint on one of the internal edges of the tube, and potentially those same flakes stuck on the tube itself. Nothing seems to be moving or getting worse. I just want to make sure it stays that way.

I have no baseline for comparison for Kowa and am not sure if this is a concern, or should be expected to a degree?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Looks like glue mate I'll look in mine tomorrow I've just got one 👍

Looks like glue mate I'll look in mine tomorrow I've just got one 👍
If it was me it would already be on its way back I have a Ltd edition black 883 perfect in every way as it should be and so should yours at this price point dont put up with ANY faults return it.
Do not wait for it to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back