• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White Tailed Eagle fishing (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hallo,

last weekend I was on lake Rietzer See near Berlin.
I saw this Eagle looking for fish.
Rietzer See is all time worth to go.
The best watching place is the tower between Netzen and Trechwitz.
There are 4 different Grebes, near tower often a Western Marsh Harrier is hunting. Lots of ducks and gooses is possible to see there.
More informations
http://www.birdforum.net/thedirectory/showproduct.php?product=741

Best regards
Dieter

Attachments

• DSC01129.JPG
    DSC01129.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC01130.JPG
    DSC01130.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC01132.JPG
    DSC01132.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 212
White Tailed Eagle

Pictures I made with camcorder. At first created movie and later at home snapshots. If the animal move, the pictures are not clear. If the do not move it lots like enclosed picture.
In Germany live aaround 400 pairs of White Tailed Eagle. The most in federal country Brandenburg ( which is around Berlin ) and Mecklenburg - Vorpommern ( most wellknown in Germany is lake Mueritz nationalparc ).
We have also lots of Osprey around Berlin.
Every weekend I like to go out by train and make a cycling tour.
In opposite to crowded Berlin there are a lot of lo crowded areas around Berlin. Area of Uckermark is only 60 km away from Berlin and is the lo crowded area of Germany.
Where is possible to see White Tailed Eagle in Great Britain, I suppose in Scottland ?
Bold Eagles I saw lots near Haines ( Alaska ) and some in Tofino ( Vancouver Island ).
Supprise that the people in England understand german language. Where Do You learned this ?
I never been in Great Britain ( only on Airport ), normally I should not say this.
From England I only know the football clubs and David Attenborough ( I see every report like I did it many years ago with the reports of Jack Yves Costeau ).
We do not have so interesting reports like from David Attenborough.
All interesting reports the shown in German TV are made by BBC.

Best regards
Dieter

Attachments

• DSC00855.JPG
    DSC00855.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 162
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back