• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lindisfarne - tomorrow - 8am - Urgent request (1 Viewer)

Steve_Halstead

Sparrow or Crow?
I will sum up my massive thanks to you all and the people of Northumberland next Monday when I am home in a massive thread. However I need your help.

Where would you go if you had three hours on Holy Island. I am thinking I will go to the cliffs at the north then chill on the main part tomorrow. I would like a good pic of a gannet and I am getting up at 0700 to be there early for opening time. I am 20 miles away in beadnell. Bar a couple of ********s (we all get them) the place has been wonderful and the people have a dry to whimsical melancholic sense of humour that I can really appreciate.

So, where would you hit in lindisfarne, yes, I have looked at online advice, but still, I just want to know your views in the next 12 hours. A tall order, I know. This place is just a wonder of nature. A little gull at the end of the street, an arctic tern PASSING MY WINDOW!!!!!!! Just wow!

Gosh, that's a tricky question. Stop off along the causeway and check the mudflats, then maybe a walk around the snook - the first dunes on your left along the causeway. Or park in the main car park and head back to chare ends and through the dunes to the cliffs in the north. Or walk along the south shore of the island with good views over the small island to the south and the mudflats stretching to the mainland as well as decent sea-watching possibilities from castle point near the kilns. Or walk the loop around Crooked Lonnen from the village.

Not very helpful, really!

Overall, 3 hours is not much time, so you'll need to be selective, but any random waned can be productive.

Gosh, that's a tricky question. Stop off along the causeway and check the mudflats, then maybe a walk around the snook - the first dunes on your left along the causeway. Or park in the main car park and head back to chare ends and through the dunes to the cliffs in the north. Or walk along the south shore of the island with good views over the small island to the south and the mudflats stretching to the mainland as well as decent sea-watching possibilities from castle point near the kilns. Or walk the loop around Crooked Lonnen from the village.

Not very helpful, really!

Overall, 3 hours is not much time, so you'll need to be selective, but any random waned can be productive.

I know I know I know that three hours is not a long time, but bless the missus, we want to move on to the national mainland park and hopefully follow a river for a bit. All I can say is that on the Thursday if anyone does fancy a pint, I may just be about in the craster Arms at about 6pm if anyone wants a thank you pint.

I will not be stopping on the causeway, she will go mental (neurotic to the bone you see) but I will have a walk back.

I will not be stopping on the causeway, she will go mental (neurotic to the bone you see) but I will have a walk back.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with stopping on the causeway - it's concrete for goodness sake! And the water presumably will be ebbing away? You could always sstall the car = accidentally.

Is that supposed to be funny?

The only way is Essex...so make sure you point your car in the right direction when you do us all a favour and leave.

martin

Yes, it was meant to be funny. You naturally had three choices on this comment. Find a macabre sense of humour in it, say nothing at all or be offended by it. I accept all are valid choices and I apologise that my comments made you feel you needed to choose the latter.

Yes, it was meant to be funny. You naturally had three choices on this comment. Find a macabre sense of humour in it, say nothing at all or be offended by it. I accept all are valid choices and I apologise that my comments made you feel you needed to choose the latter.

I suspect that most right mind people would choose the later - you go onto a local forum seeking help than then remind them of a recent episode they would wish to forget.

I suspect that most right mind people would choose the later - you go onto a local forum seeking help than then remind them of a recent episode they would wish to forget.

For that I do apologise. Misguided as my sense of humour may be, a recent episode they wish to forget is immaterial. It did happen, I am sorry that I made light of a situation but the fact is that I made a reference to subculture situation, was it against the best interests of those that suffered it, of course it was. For that I am still sorry, but I do have the knackers to keep my comment of humour there as a reminder that I am not afraid to jettison my mistakes for the sake of a quick laugh.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back