• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Martin advice please (1 Viewer)

Lizzie93

England
Hi, can anyone advise if it's ok to install a house Martin nest to a bungalow eves or is a bungalow roof too low? Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Hi, first off welcome to the forum. I can’t answer your question, and am going to move your post to a better place to get an answer.

Google has lots of information about siting the nest boxes/cups. They need a minimum height of 2 metres from the ground.

I've seen House Martins nest successfully 2-3m above the ground next to a busy pedestrian walkway in Wapping, London, so I'd say they're relatively tolerant :)

They used to regularly nest under the eaves of Bungalows along from where I grew up. Sadly from skies full of House martins they've declined there to barely a sighting.

Dear everyone! I am now doing an internship at a company that's developing birdboxes and other fauna products (mainly for the Dutch market). If you could take a minute to fill out this QUESTIONNAIRE it would really help me to design the BEST BIRDHOUSE there could be)) Thank you!!!

forms.gle

Bird Houses & Other Fauna Products

Hello! I am Aleks, an Industrial student doing an internship at the Unitura company (biodiverse fauna facilities). Particularly, I am working on a design of fauna facilities for private market. Your response will be really appreciated! P.s. you can choose multiple answers)
forms.gle
forms.gle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back