• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Would you go birding in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

Hanno

Ho Ho Ho
Bear with me on this one:

I work for a hotel in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. Near one of our hotels is Tra Su, a Melalucca foret which is excellent for birding, but not covered by any of the birding groups that currently come to Vietnam.

We have now been given the chance to develop this reserve, which will cost us a considerable amount of money. We are willing to put in this money if we know that we can make a profit in the long term (we are not a NGO) by encouraging more independent visitors to come to Vietnam.

Therefore my question: would YOU consider coming to Vietnam as an independant traveler?

Hell yeah! It looks beautiful. Love to see the wild life and the culture.
You should go for it. Best of luck my friend.

Hi Hanno,

What species have been recorded in this forest? If it has some Indochinese specialities that are more difficult to find away from the usual birding sites then birders would be interested (including myself).

Would be intrested to hear about the logistics of the site, might have a couple of spare days coming from Saigon in February.

It's certainly on my list of countries I would love to visit.
You looking for partners in this venture? Sounds better than working in the UK these days.

James

Not looking for partners just yet, we are trying to get something going alright, but in Vietnam everything takes ages.

Hi Hanno,

As a visitor to N Vietnam a couple of years back me and my wife would certainly hope to return. We couldn't do for a few years yet unfortunately

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back