• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wirrall Birders (1 Viewer)

Sandra there is a high tide tomorrow at roughly 1 p.m. (9.7meters) Though with the wind blowing in from an Easterly it will probably only be an average tide. I was planning a visit to Marshside but canceled it when I saw the weather forcast though somewhere like Formby Point might be O.K. for sea watching. I,ve just noticed a reported Cattle Egret in Cheshire you could also go for that if you decide to do the high tide.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Johnny. May decide to do Martin Mere instead. We really do need to get some practice with digiscoping so could do that from Swanlink hide without interfering with anyone else.

Sandra

I was at Martin Mere yesterday, 3 newly arrived Avocets and about 30 Black tailed Gods were about the pick of the bunch though we did have some good close views of Buzzard from the Ron Barker hide. Plenty of tree sparrows around the nest boxes as well.

Hi Sandra, Johnny, I have just checked the Dee Web Site and the high tide will be at 12.55 at Hilbre Island and it will be another twenty to thirty minuets later at Riverside Drive, Heswall and Parkgate. Riverside Drive has to be one of the best places because you can park your car right on the front and if you're cold then you can watch from the vehicle. If you have a good telescope then you will most probably see the Merlin, Peregrine and Harriers, and even a Short-eared Owl but they haven't been seen frequently this year. At the moment as I look out of the window here in Heswall the fog is very thick, hopefully it disperses by the time of the high tide. I shan't be going out this time, I like to wait till next months high tide. Good luck anyway to both of you and Have a good day.:t:
Tanny.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back