• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whitby Whales (1 Viewer)

tyson

Afternoon trip today with Whitby Coastal Cruises gave good sightings of 15+ Minkes & up to 4 Humpbacks. 1 which did a full breach & 2 humpbacks who breached together.

The Whales were around 8miles offshore

Currently 2 un-identified large whales being followed & white beaked dolphins bow riding.

There's 2 trips going out a day. I think there are spaces on all except the weekend trips.

Contact Bryan, at Whitby Coastal cruises, if anyone's interested:

07941 450381

Funnily enough I was in Whitby last week and saw on the boards for one of the boat companies that they had been spotting a lot of Minkes and a few Humpbacks. I was somewhat dubious, to be honest, so nice to see someone on here confirm it

We had a young Fin Whale appear right next to the boat off Whitby yesterday.

It circled the boat 1 and a half times, clearly looking at us.

We also saw 2 Sunfish, 3-4minkes & plenty of Porpoises.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back