• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Camera to Buy? (1 Viewer)

ShlundoKyogre

United States
To the wonderful community on this forum,

I have used a Canon Rebel XT and XTi as well cas a Canon PowerShot SX420. Is there anyone who can give me advice on Canon camera's (preferably under 1000$) for taking photos and videos of small birds such as warblers. I would like to capture better videos and photos of these small but energetic migrant birds or really birds in while as that sit at the tops of trees gleaming foliage. If so I would prefer the camera you all have in suggestion to be able to be bought on Amazon. I also have the Cabin Zoom Lens ED 70-300mm 1:4 - 5:6 IS USM Lens. Does the lens really matter for my goal above? Cam I get crisp video and photo of this bird using this lens or should I upgrade my lens as well to achieve the goal I have stated? Anyway, Thank you all! I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

From,
Shlundo

Depending on how close the birds are, that lens will do fine. Treetop warblers, on the other hand are difficult to get a good angle on unless you're looking into a steep valley from one side or an overlook of sorts.

The XTi combined with this 400 F5.6L would give you a 640mm equivalent lens under $1000: https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Teleph...620-4a29-ad00-8db0156b00c0&pd_rd_i=B07DNKBBMX

Or: a 24-2000mm zoom in the Nikon Coolpix P950: Nikon Coolpix P950 review
About $800. Or stretch the budget to the latest Coolpix P1000 and a 3000mm zoom for 1400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back