• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which binocular(s) did you use today? (2 Viewers)

Very nice, i also like your eclectic setup with Leica strap and green Swarovski? Eyepiece cover.
That's the strap from my M5, prefer a thinner, more flexible leather for the camera but works great for the bino and the eyepiece cover is from the Zeiss 8X30 Safari which stays put much better than the one intended for the 10X40.

Not technically binoculars today, but one of the few monoculars I've found that I like. The original non-B Zeiss Oberkochen 8x30. Not sure of exact age but older than me (and in better shape 😉). Wide field and excellent resolution with a very good sweet spot. Minimal eye- relief but as a non-glasses wearer that's not a problem. Easily used one handed too.

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_172257_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240505_172257_MP.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240505_172306_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240505_172306_MP.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240505_172315_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240505_172315_MP.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Just had an amazing sighting (for me) from sitting here at my computer desk - White-crowned sparrow landed on the lawn and I grabbed my 8x42 EDG and had a great look. It's a lifer for me (still a novice birder). They don't live here, it was likely a migrant heading north.

Sorry...no pics...I was pretty excited though. It pays to check the sparrows - I looked at hundreds of chipping sparrows & white-throated sparrows & song sparrows in order to see this one

I was apprehensive about buying 2 pair of binos in the same size - 8x42 - but I can see the benefit, now I can leave one in my office full-time for window action

Users who are viewing this thread

Back