• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where in Africa for Northern Wheatear? (1 Viewer)

adamseward

I would be very grateful for any help with this question...

I'm in my first year of a PhD looking at the impact of climate change on long-distance migrant birds, specifically the northern wheatear. Over the summer I'll be on Fair Isle, but come the winter I need to find as substantial a population as possible wintering in Africa. I'd be there around January/February time as I want to catch their pre-migration fuelling period. The ideal scenario would be to study Greenland and nominate northern wheatears side-by-side.

The question is, has anyone seen them in West Africa?

The field guides aren't much help, I'd much rather hear from someone who's actually seen a good number somewhere!

I'm thinking something like Mauritania or Mali?

Cheers,

Adam Seward

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back