• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What a loverrly day (1 Viewer)

MikePearson

Just got back from a gentle stroll in the sunshine, what a welcome change! Me? Recently retired, now have lots of time to go birding + soon moving to North Norfolk and boy am I looking forward to it.

Still a bit of a novice at this bird thing so please excuse my ignorance if I open me mouth and put my foot in it sometimes but feel free to advise me accordingly.

Mike,
Nice to have you with us - I too have recently moved to NW Norfolk (mid-September) for the birding, and it's pretty good, I can tell you ! Look forward to more of your posts.

Tony

Hi Mike,

You lucky so and so ! All that time on your hands to follow your heart.
Welcome to Birdforum :t: I hope that you find plenty of things to interest you on the site. Feel free to posts any comments or queries. Everyone is pretty friendly on here. I have certianly learnt a great deal since I joined the site, either directly from asking or from just browsing the forums.

See you around.

Welcome aboard, Mike! Everyone's friendly on this site!

Personally, I only open my mouth to change feet!

8-P

Al

Welcome

Mike, welcome to the Forum. Ignorance is only a lack of knowledge. Everyone in here probably learns different aspects of birding while in here. We all share.

Mike

There isn't any one alive that doesn't put his foot in it some time so don't give it a thought. Welcome to a forum that won't judge or criticise but will help and advise. If you want to learn then,
A) you are moving to a great area from a good area
B) you are in the right forum to learn from people that know
C) what more do you want? Enjoy as I am.

You ought to try and get to Rutland to meet some of us on Sunday. It will be a good day out, albeit a probable cold one.

Tony.

Do you know something I don't know. There is only one Paston that I know of in Norfolk and that is North East Norfolk near to Mundersley. Have you moved it already??: lol

Thanx to all

Its Friday nite and I'm having a beer, its funny how somethings dont change, even when you don't have to go to work.

Thanks to all of you who have made me feel most welcome. Can't understand why I haven't found you all before know.

I really will try to make it sunday but it really does depend on the state of me knees, and if I do make it, don't worry about leaving me behind, I will catch up with you all eventually!!!

John,
Thank you for pointing out my error - it's 'cos the 'E' & 'W' are next to each other on this keyboard. Yes, I'm in sunny (sometimes) N.E. Norfolk. Good luck tomorrow for the Gyr (if it's still around).

Tony

Tony

Virtually everything has disappeared from around that area so there has been a change of plan. Both Ros & I, plus our dogs, are coming your way. We will start at Holkham and then see what happens. I might go to Cantley and Strumpshaw or work my way around the east coast finishing at Stubbs Mill. I haven't decided yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back