• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings (1 Viewer)

aushalk

Hi all
Kindly direct me if you know any sites waxwings are about in Cheshire/Merseyside and Lancs please.
Got the weekend off. I have missed them this season so far:-C

Please PM me if necessary

Many thanks in advance

There has been a small flock of 10 or so roaming around Westminster Park, Chester for a good few days. Seem to prefer a rowan on the corner of Cowhey Close as well as another rowan further down Lache Lane opposite the corner of rowcliffe avenue. The latter has a lot more berries left, there was a fieldfare there yesterday as well. Both locations have some taller trees where they like to perch inbetween feeds.

If Warrington is not too far there is a flock of 25-30 at present. I was kindly directed there by BF members (thanks to all) and I was pleased as it was 1st for me and Mrs S.
Photos attached.
Location is the VW garage, Milton Street, Warrington.....be careful where you park as its an industrial type area with limited parking.

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of IMG_0337.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMG_0337.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Copy of Copy of IMG_0375.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMG_0375.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Copy of Copy of IMG_0388.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMG_0388.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Copy of Copy of IMG_0394.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMG_0394.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 68
There was a decent sized flock on a roadside bush on the A494 westbound about a mile from the Welsh border at 13:00 today. I'd guess about 20 but hard to count when you're driving. There's a nearby business park so they might well be feeding on bushes there.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back