• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Was: Great service from Zeiss (1 Viewer)

So they did the repair quickly, but now the diopter wheel is not centred properly? I think I would expect more than that.
EDIT: I agree, and I just now finished sending an email to my contact there, asking, if this situation becomes intolerable, if they will readjust it under warranty. Yeah, I should edit my original posting to reflect my feelings about it. I am not in the mood to send it back to them right away....

OK, I just erased my original post. I realized that it cost me $31 to ship it to them via UPS with $900 insurance. Never mind.... sigh

Last edited:
Customer service with many high end brands seems to have taken a back seat to marketing since covid. In some cases, before covid. One pays so much more for optics with very small differences over middle level brands. I'm sort of glad I'm aging out of all the nonsense with a number of good optics in my collection but without the razor sharp eyes I once had. Not unlike audio gear. Both my eyes and hearing are excellent for my age, but "age" is the rub. I don't hear high frequencies as well as I once did so the nuances of high end audio slowly become meaningless as we get older. Point being, when you own high end goods, at the least, you expect high end customer service who gets it right the first time with no excuses when a repair or service is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back