• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers At Feeders? (1 Viewer)

emc

Do warblers ever feed at bird feeders? I have a bird feeder and during spring warblers pass through the yard but they never come to it.

They do sometimes.
A few days ago a bright Pine Warbler was scarfing down from a small feeder hung on a fence near the Pinetum here in NYC Central Park.
I'd never seen that before and thought warblers could not eat seeds.

Just as a follow up, here in NYC Central Park another bright Pine Warbler was sharing a thistle seed feeder with a brightening American Goldfinch.
It definitely provoked a double take, the Gold Finches are very expected, the Pine Warbler not so much.

Rarely do my warblers feed from my feeders but when they do it is always the sunflower heart feeders they are at.

Most just eat insects, so won't come to feeders. But a few do eat small seeds, etc., and will come to feeders - in your area, I'd guess Myrtle Warbler (Yellow-rumped Warbler) and Pine Warbler are the most likely to do so.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back