• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Walrus, West Sussex (2 Viewers)

No idea who saw it or where as locals were looking in the harbour til dusk.....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ frustrating bloody day!

Nope! No idea who reported it or where they were seeing it from. Typical half arsed reporting
Pretty sure we saw it at distance offshore near the Pagham Lagoon around 12:00 though didn't know what it was at the time, just saw it was something big. Saw it around 12:30 in the harbour heading along the entrance channel back towards the sea (we saw it at ///mango.spacing.populate (what3words)).

Pretty sure we saw it at distance offshore near the Pagham Lagoon around 12:00 though didn't know what it was at the time, just saw it was something big. Saw it around 12:30 in the harbour heading along the entrance channel back towards the sea (we saw it at ///mango.spacing.populate (what3words)).
Hi there Mokey and I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to you ;)

Per RBA again, evening sighting erroneous (how do you get a massive Walrus with enormous tusks wrong.....?!) I'm still going to look.

It's low tide 0547. I'm guessing the animal if present will be in the entrance then.

John

The photo for this evening shows a Seal, to my eyes. I must say I am wondering about the first photo too. an obvious Walrus but here? (Call me an old cynic) 😙

Have any actual birders actually seen an unequivocal Walrus today?

The photo for this evening shows a Seal, to my eyes. I must say I am wondering about the first photo too. an obvious Walrus but here? (Call me an old cynic) 😙

Have any actual birders actually seen an unequivocal Walrus today?

I didn't have my camera with me sadly (gonna be back with it today) but a chap who we met there got a couple of photos he put on his site here. Was probably about 30m away when we saw it up close towards the entrance.

Fourth hand report of a Walrus off Calshot in Hampshire this morning. No further info at present. It will be checked out.

Dave W

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back