• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wallacea (1 Viewer)

Hotspur

James Spencer
United Kingdom
Im in the fortunate position of potentially spending 3 weeks in Wallacea on a scientific expidition in sept 08. A few quick questions about the location (i cant vary from the itinery). What is the best fieldguide for the area? What can i expect to see? I will be staying in the forests of Lambusango for a week and on the island of Hoga for a week. Cheers James

James,

Fieldguide wise; Birds of Wallacea by Coates, Bishop and Gardner

General info on logistics and birding sites try; Birding Indonesia by Paul Jepson (Periplus action guides) although may be a little dated now

On which island is Lambusango and where is Hoga? Certainly sounds like fun, I spent some time on Java and Sulawesi back in the 1990s.

All the best,

Mark

Hi James,

Did you end up going in the end???

I will be joining the Operation Wallacea programme, based in Lambusango from the end of June until late July/early August.

Do you (or anyone else) have a list of species that you encountered there?

Any other info re: reading material etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Niall

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back