• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Viper UHD beats Zeiss SF and Leica Noctivid! (1 Viewer)

Not to put too finer point on it.

Rubbish.
I think the poor experience with that one binocular put a distaste in my mind. I don't want to play that potential continuous warranty game of constantly having to deal with a product that is being repaired or a new one sent etc. Not worth the hassle. For others, ...fine,.... but not for me.

I have a seven year old vortex razor hd 8x42 pair of bins........ good as new. Still a brilliant pair of binoculars. No issues whatsoever. Yet I have earned a pair of Leica and Swaro‘s both of which I have had issues with jerky focusing wheels. Maybe just unlucky as I have had had other pairs of Swaro and Leica which have been fine. What I am trying to say here is that i am sure we all have encountered at some point some niggles with some bins. As Vortex‘ warranty is the best out there I have that piece of mind but as yet I have never had to call on it.

I have a serious question regarding the Razor HD (NOT the UHD)......

I can buy a used 10x42 HD in very good condition for $525 from a friend. Is there a better, or as good of an optic than this Razor HD for that price? I have looked through one sample in my friend's shop, but only indoors, so I am looking for advice from experienced Vortex users. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back