• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Hampshire (1 Viewer)

Yashca

I'm visiting Hampshire next week (driving down from Yorkshire). I'm taking a friend to a job interview, so I have a day and a half to myself to drive around and see some wildlife.

I'm dropping my friend off in Rotherwick, and then I'm on my own. Just wanted some advice from local birders & wildlife watchers on what to see and do.

I'll be there on the evening of the 26th, all of the 27th, and the morning of the 28th.

I expect I'm a bit late for herps, unless anyone thinks otherwise (I'd love to see Wall Lizard, Smooth Snake, Sand Lizard...)

Birdwise, Dartford Warbler is the one I'd like to see, as well as any local scarcities. I've also managed to miss Ring Ouzel every time I've tried this year. In addition to local scarcities, any rarities would be good too, I see Sabine's Gull and Grey Phalarope have been reported today - any info on where they are?

Also, if any one knows of any local birds with colour mutations or any hybrid birds, they are a pet interest of mine. Particularly hybrid waterfowl, I saw a fascinating hybrid Wood Duck x Shelduck this spring, and a Swan Goose x Canada Goose.

Also, any sites for Sika Deer would be fantastic, and anywhere that is semi-decent for Wild Boar, but I don't hold out that much hope.

Any local information would be fantastic, and if you know of anything else you think might interest me, please let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back