• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

URGENT HELP TONIGHT PLEASE Bulgaria Sept or October - OR? (1 Viewer)

Penny Clarke

Very sadly :-C I have to cancel my Lesvos trip this April:-C:-C but so as not to lose the deposit I can use it to re-book another holiday at a later date - I was thinking of Bulgaria - and was thinking September or October - I would be going for one week, which week do you think would be the best for birds/migration please?

HAVE TO RE-BOOK BY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

OR - In fact if anyone can recommend a week in any European Country (in First Choice Summer Sun brochure;)!!! http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/sun-holidays/ for birds in either September or October I would be VERY grateful!;)

Best Wishes Penny

Very sadly :-C I have to cancel my Lesvos trip this April:-C:-C but so as not to lose the deposit I can use it to re-book another holiday at a later date - I was thinking of Bulgaria - and was thinking September or October - I would be going for one week, which week do you think would be the best for birds/migration please?

HAVE TO RE-BOOK BY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

OR - In fact if anyone can recommend a week in any European Country (in First Choice Summer Sun brochure;)!!! http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/sun-holidays/ for birds in either September or October I would be VERY grateful!;)

Best Wishes Penny

About 10 years ago I went on an organised birding trip along the Black Sea coast in the third week of September. Absolutely brillient for raptor and other migration.

Joan

About 10 years ago I went on an organised birding trip along the Black Sea coast in the third week of September. Absolutely brillient for raptor and other migration.

Joan

Thank you very much Joan.:t:

I am now thinking of re-booking Lesvos in September or October but need to find out the best possible week!!!

Hi Penny
I should think it is the same as here - the best week will be different every year. Anytime in September could be OK.
Steve

Hi Penny
I should think it is the same as here - the best week will be different every year. Anytime in September could be OK.
Steve

Anytime is good, but for raptor passage you will likely find September better than October. For example the LS Eagles tend to be peaking further down at Bosphorus by week 3/4 Sept.

Thank you very much Joan.:t:

I am now thinking of re-booking Lesvos in September or October but need to find out the best possible week!!!

Penny re Turkey I imagine you mean going with a tour company? certainly not advisable on your own.

POP

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back