• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unsure on a few recordings (1 Viewer)

BethShack

United Kingdom
Hi, I have a few recorded snippets, BirdNet in Raven is giving them all as Blackbird but I just wanted to make sure this was correct.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Blackbird?531AM8.wav
    149.4 KB
  • Blackbird532AM8.wav
    147.9 KB
  • Blackbird533AM8.wav
    121.3 KB
Sounds like a Song Thrush to me but the clips are too short, I'm assuming it's a recording of a singing bird that's been chopped up? If you can post the full length that'd help secure a firm ID. πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ¦

Sounds like a Song Thrush to me but the clips are too short, I'm assuming it's a recording of a singing bird that's been chopped up? If you can post the full length that'd help secure a firm ID. πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ¦
Thats really helpful thanks, I have attached the full 1 min file. There is a Song Thrush singing throughout so you could be correct. Do Song Thrush make that type of noise as an alarm call?

Attachments

• 20230606_064500.WAV
    5.5 MB
Hi, yes a singing Song Thrush, the bit that sounds like an alarm call is IMHO a bit of mimicry of Blackbird. Song Thrush do have a distinctive alarm call.
Xeno-Canto is a superb online resource for bird songs and calls, you may already have come across it. πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ¦

Thats really helpful thanks, I have attached the full 1 min file. There is a Song Thrush singing throughout so you could be correct. Do Song Thrush make that type of noise as an alarm call?
Hi, yes a singing Song Thrush, the bit that sounds like an alarm call is IMHO a bit of mimicry of Blackbird. Song Thrush do have a distinctive alarm call.
Xeno-Canto is a superb online resource for bird songs and calls, you may already have come across it. πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ¦
Thats really helpful, thank you for the recommendation too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back