• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultravid 10x32 HD - Cecil Jacobs liquidation (1 Viewer)

Neil Hagley

I was very fortunate to buy a brand new pair of my favorite bins for half the retail price in the recent Cecil Jacobs liquidation sale.

There were probably 50-60 Leica bins on offer and by the looks of it a few are beginning to turn up on eBay. Some are being offered 'buy now' price at pretty close to the best dealer prices (why?). A few are a bit lower and others are on auction where it may be possible to secure a reasonable bargain? The sale also included premium Leica scopes and EPs' also Zeiss bins and scopes etc. Loads of carbon fiber Manfrotto tripods, heads etc some offered in bulk so many of these may already be on eBay or similar so look out for those.

Anyway back to the 10x32's - I first tried these out at Rutland Water last year and I thought they were just perfect. I also have Zeiss 10x40 BGAT's which are excellent optically but are a bit heavy, not water proof and deliver a bit of a 'barrel' view. I tried the 10x32's against 8x32's and all permutations of the larger Leica's and although I know this is all personal opinion they beat the lot when aggregate scoring all the things most active birders want in a pair of bins:- image (stunning), low light (very good but unlikely to match the largerst/lower mags), quality build, lightness, comfort, easy on the hand and eye etc. Leica 10x32's are in my view .... fabulous!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back