• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Twitter Bird (1 Viewer)

Beaux

United States
I’m looking for help from the forum to identify the bird that makes the call in the attached video.

To be clear, the noise you hear in the video IS NOT a notifier alert from an app on a telephone. I think the Twitter Bird lives in my front yard in Blanchard, Louisiana. 😁 We’ve heard him so many times at this point that my 16 year old son actually caught the bird call on video.

Can someone please tell me what kind of bird makes this call?

Attachments

• IMG_4097.MOV
    7 MB
Can you not hear any sound at all or can you just not hear the bird? The bird’s call is very quick and not very loud on the video at all. You have to listen very closely.

With the sound on max on my desktop, there is a 'whi-whu' sound starting just before 2 seconds in the 4-second clip. I have no idea about American birds, but the sound is definitely there, and not covered by any other sounds.

I'm surprised no-one has replied since I think the sound is clear enough. Perhaps from the title people think you are asking something about Elon Musk's Twitter Bird, and not an actual bird, so they don't open the thread. Maybe you could try re-posting with a title like 'Bird sound ID Louisiana'?

Be a little patient. Not many people can identify birds by sound, and this was posted late at night, US time.

It sounds familiar to me, but I can't put a name to any sound unless it's the tune for "happy birthday".

Despite that you say it's not from a phone, I suspect that it is. Perhaps a neighbor or pedestrian has their notification volume at 200%.
There is no bird that I'm aware of that sounds like the twitter notification.

The sound in the video is there -- just very quiet. It sounds pretty much exactly like the twitter notification sound (
)

A Reddit user suggests that it's an outdoor camera
See:

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back