• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

twitter and local birding (1 Viewer)

ChrisLuv

Improving Birder
Hi,

I'm not a big fan of twitter, but recently found it is useful to those of us who cannot afford pager/text alerts (see rarevine). I just use RSS Orbit on my phone and then have instant rare bird news.

I don't have time to twitch here there and everywhere, but I would find it very useful to find out about local scarce/rare birds. Especially in a mobile solution so if I'm out and about I can check there isn't anything local before I head home. So is there a local equivalent to #rarevine that might be more useful to me (Derbys/Notts)?

Would anyone find it useful if there was something like this?

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back