• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trouble with canon 1dmk11 (2 Viewers)

foxydave

Hi I recently upgraded to canon 1 dmk111 .i have a canon 600m prime lense .problem I have is indifferent results compared to my 40d .the woodpecker the one which is on the long log is 30ft away seems sharper .yet the neares one which was only about 18ft away looks soft .weather dull ISO 1,000.f5.6 .800/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 53
To me the difference in sharpness seems to be the light. Your shot from farther away had better (though not perfect) lighting compared to your closer shot, which seems to be in shadow. The better light, the sharper the photo. The focus also doesn't seem to be spot on with the closer woodpecker. That's just my take ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back