• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod head (1 Viewer)

barmy2

I've just recently purchased a Canon 150 macro. I've found using my tripod setup difficult. The minute adjustments to properly frame a subject are almost impossible to make. So my question is: What tripod head would help make this job easier. My current configuration is Monfrotto 190 with a Monfrotto ball.

Hi Barry, not quite sure what you are asking, but have a look at a 3 way head. With these you are able to pan, tilt, and rotate the camera from horizontal to vertical. Most manufacturers make them but typical examples from Manfrotto are the 804RC2 and the460MG-3D.
As you have no doubt found out, a ball head is not very easy to use in this situation.
If you need much more precise focusing then you need to look at a rack and pinion focusing rail set up.
Would think that the 3 way head would be suitable for most peoples needs.
regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back