• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tour company recommendations sought (1 Viewer)

Alf King

I'm wanting to plan a birding and cultural trip to Cube for November 2014 for my wife and I and am looking for any recommendations that anyone might have for good companies or organisations that could do this for us. We don't really go for larger group tours so would prefer someone who could organise something for two people only.

We have travelled extensively over the years but unfortunately those years are now proving less kind than they were so we aren't up to the rigours of self-guiding and driving, and our Spanish is a little rusty too.

Any suggestions would be gladly welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Further to this I have been in contact with Motmot Travel but their communications have been sporadic and their web site appears to have disappeared.

Does anyone know if they're still in operation?

I'm wanting to plan a birding and cultural trip to Cube for November 2014 for my wife and I and am looking for any recommendations that anyone might have for good companies or organisations that could do this for us. We don't really go for larger group tours so would prefer someone who could organise something for two people only.

We have travelled extensively over the years but unfortunately those years are now proving less kind than they were so we aren't up to the rigours of self-guiding and driving, and our Spanish is a little rusty too.

Any suggestions would be gladly welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I just googled 'birding trip to Cuba' and loads of websites came up - in case nobody comes forward with recommendations.

S

Pity, you've opted for Geoddessey, Alf as I was about to recommend "Hestily". Although I've not been to Cuba with him, I spent some time with Andy in Spain a few years back where in conversation his knowledge (borne of numerous visits) and enthusiasm for Cuba shone through - he also has an enviable list of contacts on the island. Crucially, he's also good company and a good birder,

Thanks John. There are a lot of good companies out of which Hestily does come highly recommended.

My wife is an important part of the "team" and the decision making process and liked what she saw from Geoddessey, and so did I for that matter. I'll eventually get around to feeding back on here, although the trip is 9 months away (time to revisit Andalucia in the meantime).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back