• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Icelandic Bee. (1 Viewer)

greykangaroo

Australia
Back before the world changed with the Covid 19 disaster, my wife and I journeyed to Iceland and Greenland in the cruiseliner Serenade of the Seas.
One of the stops for the ship in Iceland was within the Arctic Circle. This is the northern city of Akureyri. Whilst there we visited the botanical gardens.

Now for a couple of kangaroos who thought that the Arctic Circle meant polar bears and nothing but ice and snow, finding flowers like this type of Scotch thistle with bumblebees came as a learning shock.
Please note that the left photo on the red flower was procured from the internet to show close up the tiny bee in my photo on the right.
Conservationists say that the Arctic Bumble Bee is making a comeback from near extinction.

I will never forget Iceland.

Arctic bumblebee.jpgIMG_2281 (2).JPG
IMG_2314.JPGThe Reykjavic cathedral

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back