• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Hampshire Trio of Swans (2 Viewers)

Paul
Thanks for info but a bit of crossed wires here!! Went for the Whooper yesterday but it had already decamped from that field and I didn't have time to hang around; also failed on Blashford Bittern/Fudge Duck and Half-Moon Common GGShrike. Waldo and the Pompey Iceland Gull were 'day savers'! What I was after was whether Alex's Kingfisher pictures on his blog were from a public hide (hopefully) or a private one.My local birds are easy to see but very unpredictable for photography, distant at another site and always on the same boring perch at another site with a public hide(obviously S1 status an issue in the next few months).
Regards and good birding
Russ

Whooper Swan Harbridge 18/01/2012

Thought I'd just post a quick report of my morning with the Mute, Bewick's and Whooper Swan down at Harbridge, the full write up can be found here:

Alex

Still there at midday today. Lots of Mute, 6 Bewicks and 1 Whooper (near the 2nd. gate to field beyond the church but very close to the hedge) excellent views. Also 6 Egyptian and large flock of Canada and Greylag Geese.

Ray and Pat

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back