• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Best case for Zeiss Victory Pocket 8x25 (I found it) (1 Viewer)

Awesome thank you. Ordered :)
Great find................

I have been looking for a case for my Sony RX100v camera for ages. The problem was that it has an L-grip attached and the proper Sony case is a tad too small.

Your pictures looked interesting so I ordered this one and it is perfect. Enough room for the camera, spare battery and filter. And I can use it for my Zeiss Victory Pocket as well !!!

BTW ............ GrampaTom - it has got a belt loop.

Gary

I am looking into getting one of these VP 8x25s. Can anyone please tell me their dimensions in mm when folded?
Parallel to the oculars across the hinge [A] and at the widest point across the hinge perpendicular to the first measurement .
Thank you.

VP8x25foldmeasure.jpg
(The image is borrowed for illustrative purposes only from the Zeiss website)

Last edited:
I am looking into getting one of these VP 8x25s. Can anyone please tell me their dimensions in mm when folded?
Parallel to the oculars across the hinge [A] and at the widest point across the hinge perpendicular to the first measurement .
Thank you.

View attachment 1513560
(The image is borrowed for illustrative purposes only from the Zeiss website)
Hi!

A is ~80 mm.
B is ~50 mm.

Fantastic. Thanks ever so much.
And the height with the eyecups extended all the way? Pretty please?

height - 110.5

Dont forget girth - 210 (closed)
Thank you, Sir. Is that with the eyecups all the way up for folks without glasses? Because in the Zeiss brochure it says 112 mm and I assumed that was with the eyecups screwed all the way in for people with glasses.
Hahaha ... girth. Although - could be useful if I were to stick it into a lens pouch. Dib dib dib dob dob dob, be prepared.

Thank you, Sir. Is that with the eyecups all the way up for folks without glasses? Because in the Zeiss brochure it says 112 mm and I assumed that was with the eyecups screwed all the way in for people with glasses.
Hahaha ... girth. Although - could be useful if I were to stick it into a lens pouch. Dib dib dib dob dob dob, be prepared.
Yes, eyecup full up. Lemme redo. 119, sorry

Last edited:
Yes, eyecup full up. Lemme redo. 119, sorry
hi , ive found a case (another😄) for the victory 8x25. the general consensus was problems with the diopter dial falling off or being caught/knocked whilst exposed in the folded position. i own the lowe pro dashpoint 20 & also a small GEM case , whilst these are excellent cases when space is at a premium,like in a backpack, my general storage case now is the swordfish small camera bag.
the binos can be stored at your IPD with the eyecups fully extended if you wish
theres also a pocket on the front for cloths or wipes etc 👍

Attachments

• IMG_8067.jpeg
    IMG_8067.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8068.jpeg
    IMG_8068.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8069.jpeg
    IMG_8069.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8070.jpeg
    IMG_8070.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Hi friends! Spent a lot of time searching for a nice case for my Pocket Bino (original case is really awkward), and I found it. Want to share with you.
Hello, I like the original case, because it’s robust and still lightweight… and the best: you don’t need to fold the binocular, it fits into the original case with your IPD setting and any of the two eyecup settings.

I think this is important for the lifetime of the hinge of the bridge. It’s probably also important for the diopter wheel, because when folded the wheel is less protected.

The case is still small enough, and offers good protection for the binocular.

Zeiss should offer for all their binos a hard case and a soft case, then the customers can decide what to use for a specific use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back