• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand advice_June (1 Viewer)

oleic

Hi

I will go Thailand for birding from 1 to 20 of June.
It will my first time there, so im very excited.

Im using Nick Upton website for planning, it provides a lot of great information.
I plan to visit 5 sites focusing on south as rainy season is hard on north Thailand:

-Khao Yai NP
-Petchaburi Rice field
-Kaeng marchan NP
-Sri Phang Nga NP
-Ao Phang Nga NP

1. Can some one please advice how many days each site is worth?
2. Have some one guides contacts for those site?

I have give up the idea of having a guide with me for the 20 days as the cost goes up to USD 10'000 and i don't have that money.
So if possible, i plan to have a guide for a single day on each location.

Thanks in advance

For Kaeng Krachan you could stay at Samarn Bird Camp and use their guiding service for a day.

For Khao Yai you could contact Nang at Thailandyourway.com

For the sites in the south you could try souththailandbirding.com

Petchaburi rice fields would be one day max (probably early morning and late afternoon in reality), and probably not worth using a guide if you have a rental car.

And Khao Yai in June will be very bad for leeches - they're bad enough there at anytime!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back