• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Texas trip in april (1 Viewer)

rimmer

Registered Insane
hi all

we are planning a trip to texas from 9th april-23 april
starting in houston and hoping to drive to the rio grande so i would welcome any advice on places to visit or sites for birds that we must see before we fly home

Dave:

You picked a great time to be in Texas. I'll be happy to help you with your planning. I'm familiar with most of the good birding locations in the state.

Please feel free to Private Message me with target species (if this is your first visit, I'm sure that everything will be a target, of course), whether you'll be interested in going for the Hill Country species (further west, near San Antonio), and any other special considerations.

The migrant traps on the Upper Texas Coast and the Valley are two areas well worth focusing on. Please let me know what resources you've already consulted as well.

Steve Gross
Houston, TX

Hi Dave.

You are going to love it!!! When in the Rio Grande Valley, I can thouroughly recommend staying at the Alamo Inn and Suites. It is run for birders by birders, and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. They will be able to direct you to all the best local sites and keep you informed of all the letest sightings. I can give you contact details if you want to get in touch privately.

Fatboyfat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back