• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tern shaking off water after a dip (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
I spent a couple of days wandering the shore around Fort George in N. Scotland where I didn't see anything particularly exiting but loved the walk in nature. I did get to watch and photograph Common (I think) Terns fishing just off the shore, they're amazing flyers but, when I got to editing the shots, I've caught a couple of a bird shaking / twisting in mid air, I assume it had just dived after fish and was shaking off the excess water?
Common Tern shaking it out.jpg Common Tern shaking it out .jpg
I've cropped the really twisting shot for a better look.
Common Tern shaking it out cropped.jpg

Well chuffed to capture this. :)

Terns are quite abundant where I live and I see them doing the 'shake' all the time, although yours is a real contortionist! Terns make great BIF subjects, and I love to capture them diving and hitting the water.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back