• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Switzerland 2023 (2 Viewers)

A presumed Sib Stonechat was found at Katzensee on Weds evening and was still present yesterday afternoon/evening. I'm not much of a twitcher and it's not a terribly exciting bird but hey it was an excuse to get out on the bike despite mixed weather. The 4th bird I've arguably twitched since being in CH.

A presumed Sib Stonechat was found at Katzensee on Weds evening and was still present yesterday afternoon/evening. I'm not much of a twitcher and it's not a terribly exciting bird but hey it was an excuse to get out on the bike despite mixed weather. The 4th bird I've arguably twitched since being in CH.

Twitching by bike is altogether something else :D

I might be able to see it this weekend, if it is still around. Where was it roughly?

Twitching by bike is altogether something else :D

I might be able to see it this weekend, if it is still around. Where was it roughly?

Just N of Oberer Katzensee (near the farm that sells flowers) is a single field with approximately 1m high vegetation, all the other fields are plowed / cut / etc. GPS is about 47.4363, 8.4998. If the bird is still there, there will probably be a lot of birders and it will thus be easy to find.

Nice..other goodies around:
  • Yellow browed Warbler Wadenswil ZH
  • Black Legged Kittiwake Weissenau BE
  • Jack Snipe Pouta Fontana VS
  • Ringed Necked Duck La Dullive VD
  • Pygmy Cormorants at various sites.
  • Cettis Warblers at Magadino TI

Just N of Oberer Katzensee (near the farm that sells flowers) is a single field with approximately 1m high vegetation, all the other fields are plowed / cut / etc. GPS is about 47.4363, 8.4998. If the bird is still there, there will probably be a lot of birders and it will thus be easy to find.

I passed by this morning, it had been seen earlier, but I missed it.

Apparently did not show up the rest of the day. About 25 birders around at different places, when I passed by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back