• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski x30 CL Companion vs NOMAD version? (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I'm puzzled when looking up info on the CL 10x30 Companion and discovering a NOMAD version at almost twice the cost. Yet data seem to be pretty much the same. So what is it that makes the NOMAD to cost so much more? Any kind of Leica-like "collectors" version, or what?

Any kind of Leica-like "collectors" version, or what?
Exactly. Other examples include the less exotic "Mountain" edition of the CL 25, and the "Indoor"(!) model ATX scope with wooden tripod. Pure bling. Of course Leica would have used Hermés leather...

Hold on, folks, let's not short sell the NOMAD. After all it has brown armoring, not black or green, and silver rings around the top and bottom of the barrels, but wait, there's more--it comes in a solid wood case like vintage wine!

You mean to tell me all that and a Swaro focuser that actually turns smoothly in both directions is not worth $3,443? (as much as a NL Pure?!).

Unless you're flithy rich, the answer is a resounding "No." If you want customized rings on your bins, you can buy a customized Maven B3 for a fraction of the price. You get more color combos, but no wood case. Don't worry, you can make one out of an orange crate.

I have a neighor whose daughter goes out with a rich kid who owns a Chysler 300 SRT 8. It costs $48,000 and comes with a 5.7L HEMI V8 engine that sounds like a UPS truck when it's idling and a Camaro when it accelerates. It's a luxury car with a muscle car engine. It gets 14 mpg city and a combined city/hwy 17 mpg. Seems nuts to me, but obviously, there's a market for it: ostentatious rich kids with no environmental conscience.

The 300 SRT 8 will likely be replaced by an EV version like Chyrsler says it plans to do with the Charger and Challenger, but they will find a way to make them noisy. People who own muscle cars don't do so just for the acceleration but for the noise they make. Vrrroooooooooooom!

Here's my final thought on the CL NOMAD...

Brock

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back