• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro ATS65 HD objective lens filter (2 Viewers)

That sounds like a good idea for the case lid, Andrew. Personally, I don't have a permanent casing.

The plastic snap-on? A poor thing, but all I've got at the moment, Tannin.

I do have a nice carrying bag in which I can zip up the scope, tripod and all-- saves set-up time upon arrival, and number of items being toted onto airplanes.

Of course. Basically, just a canvas bag in scope-plus-tripod shape, with a zipper and a strap. It's called 'Lifer', made by Tenth House Gear, Golden Lake, Ontario, Canada. It's 15 or 20 years old, though, Grousemore-- don't know if they're still around.

Thanks,Charles,sounds perfect for what I've been looking for,but as yet have seen nothing similar.
Will try and locate such a product with a bit of 'Googling'

At present, Charles, I'm not using anything. I can't trust the Swarovski lens cap not to fall off at a critical moment, so I figure it's safer not to have that entirely false sense of security it gives, and I don't cover the lens at all, simply make damn sure that I don't put the scope down anywhere that is likely to lead to anything coming into contact with the lens surface.

A UV filter is high on my list of things to get.

Right here goes. I went to Exeter and popped into Jessops (Jessies) and asked for the 67mm UV Filter and they had none in stock. So I looked around some other photographic shops and LCE have some good COKIN filters but they had no 67mm ones (£11-12). Found one in a back street camera shop (good one mind) and it only costed me £9.99. Sadly I have to say when I got home the 67mm filter slotted in the objective end but was too small to screw in and was a bit loose. I shall hope to return it some time soon.

Charles, you mentioned you emailed Jessops. Have you got the email address as last time I looked on the website there were none. If I had one I could arrange for it to be there next time I go in to Exeter.

Another tip, if you get a filter then get a lens cap to match (photographic not Swarovski) and you will have a better fitting cap.

Yes and no. I must have deleted my original request, and kept their reponse. That came from [email protected]. For outside-UK customers, obviously.

You know, this kind of thread is the real value of birdforums, in a practical sense. Would 'Jessie's' also carry, then, the aforementioned matching lens cap?

I should think they would. I must sound a warning though. I would think there is a standard thread used for all filters so if the one I got does not fit why should Jessie's fit the Swaro? That is why I want the email addy so I can get their word in print first before ordering one anjd I can then take it back with no quibbles.

I will look for an English email address.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back