• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suffolk in June (1 Viewer)

rabsi

Hi
This is my very first time, so please be gentle with me. I hope this is the correct forum to post this question?
I am on holiday in Suffolk in early June. Can anyone tell me if I am likely to see Avocet, and if so, where might be the best place to see them?

Rabsi

On behalf of Admin and all the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum! It would be nice to know a little more about you. Why don't you post in the Say Hello forum and tell us more about your birding?

Great to have you with us. Have fun!

Peter

Depends where in Suffolk, If you fancy a day in Norfolk there are also Avocet nesting at Buckenham Marsh RSPB - TG350 051 & often also seen further along the river at Berney - TG465 050, although thats a bit of a remote spot.

Both reserves are considerably quieter than Minsmere !

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Hi Rabsi,
As Carlos says Minsmere can be a bit busy. There are several places within easy reach of the Minsmere area where avocet are plentiful and people are not. Where are you staying when you come to Suffolk and how are you getting around?
If you want further information about the North Suffolk area send me a PM and I will do my best to point you in the right direction for all your dream birds!!
Ivan

Try Burgh Castle. It can be a bit busy but good views of Avocets can be obtained. despite what the local birders say it is still in Suffolk.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back