• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strange Goose North Georgia USA (1 Viewer)

LizR

United States
I was driving past the small lake in my quiet rural subdivision last month (April) and saw this strange looking bird. It appeared as large or larger than our resident Canada geese and more frightened. It started to run when stopped my car to take a photo, so the photo is unclear. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for the suggestion! I wish I could get another look at it, but it hasn’t come back. The small head and beak make me think Swan Goose, but I’ve never seen one around here. We do have a Greylag that disappeared for a couple of weeks.

Big belly, so a domestic goose is involved ...But as the bill is not black it can not be canada x domestic swan goose (chinese goose ). it could be Canada x donestic greylag , or canada x (domestic greylag x Chinese goose), as domestic greylag x chinese goose hybrids are fertile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back