• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stodmarsh/Grove Ferry - bearded tit (1 Viewer)

florall

I've heard that this area is good for bearded tit. I hope to be able to go in mid-August, and would love to see bearded tit again (the only other time I saw any was at Minsmere a couple of years ago, when we had wonderful views). Can anyone give me any tips on the best places to concentrate on?
Thanks.

florall said:
I've heard that this area is good for bearded tit. I hope to be able to go in mid-August, and would love to see bearded tit again (the only other time I saw any was at Minsmere a couple of years ago, when we had wonderful views). Can anyone give me any tips on the best places to concentrate on?
Thanks.

Park at the Grove Ferry Inn Pub and walk to the ramp and further on to the hides. There will be some bearded tits around, impossible to miss.

See also: http://www.kentos.org.uk/Stodmarsh/Julysightings06.htm

I'd go with that. Alternatively, Park in Sturry and walk eastwards with the river on your right and the lakes on your left. (If you are being eco-friendly, get out at Sturry railway station.)

This is the good news that I was hoping to hear. We'll be staying at Sandwich, so the Grove Ferry end is a (little) bit closer. I'll let you know how it goes.

we often see them from the reedbed hide at the Stodmarsh end, as well as looking down from the viewing mound at the grove ferry end. Good luck.

Jude

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back