• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stockers Lake (1 Viewer)

Leif

This is a large lake north west of London.

I wandered around recently and saw quite a few male and female smew, quite a few Goldeneye, ~5 Goosander, several male Red Crested Pochard, Pochard, Widgin, Gadwall, Tufted Duck, Mallards, Great Crested and Little Grebes, Black Swans, and loads of gulls - mainly Black Headed and Common. I'm sure there's plenty more that I missed.

Leif,

I used to go to Stockers Lake when I was (frequently) in Rickmansworth on business. I always used to enjoy it, unfortunately never saw Smew or RC Pochard though, not least because it was dark before and after work in the months the Smew were there.

Do the terns still nest?

Stephen.

Terns are still there and I think they nest on the floating platforms. I have been on and off for several years and only seen RC Pochard this year, though I was told they are regulars. Smew seem to be a regular visitor in Winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back