• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted in a Minnesota parking lot (1 Viewer)

Kimberg

United States
Today in St. Paul, Minnesota (US), I saw this gorgeous bird and I’m not sure what it was. It flew in my direction, and seemed pretty large. My best guess on wingspan is about 3-4 feet, but I’m a terrible judge. It perched on a lamp post, and I was able to a couple of quick pictures but they’re not very clear. I’ve spent way too much time online trying to identify it. Looks like a white tailed kite to me, but I can’t find a definitive answer to whether they’re found in MN. Mississippi kite, maybe, but from the pictures I'm finding the coloring and banding looks different.

Any thoughts?

IMG_0820.jpegIMG_0819.jpeg

Not identifiable by me at least. However I can see why you think it could be white-tailed kite (I don't think it is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back