• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So many hummingbirds! (1 Viewer)

Jwhite

United States
I have lived in the same location for 15 years. Always have 2 hummingbird feeders. This year there are so many hummingbirds! Filling 2 feeders twice a day. There are 8-10 hummingbirds around each feeder at all times. I've counted up to 16 in a "holding pattern" at each feeder!
I'm enjoying it but curious why there are so many this year. Live on multiple acres in Southern Oregon.

Isn't it fun? Even though I have to be making nectar every day I really enjoy them. I have the same situation but I put out 4-6 feeders. That way I don't have to make it twice a day. I have 21 acres and have lived here 26 years. I put a feeder out the first of May and they arrive about two days later, first the broadtails then the rufous's about mid summer. We live in the mountains in Colorado so we don't get them too early.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back