• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

siskin (1 Viewer)

Suzie

Hi everyone, this is my first post......
I just wanted to say that over the Easter weekend I had a male & female siskin on my birdfeeder. Was really excited as I'd never seen one before. Unfortunately,
must have been passing through as I haven't seen them since.

Hi Suzie - welcome to the Forum. We had lots of siskins on the niger feeers until recently (72 was the maximum), but now most of them have moved off and the goldfinches get a chance to feed again!

Hi Suzie, and welcome to BF hope you enjoy your time on this forum. We have only had one siskin so far!!
bert.

Hi Suzie and a warm welcome to you from the staff here at Bird Forum.

I remember the very first time I had siskins land on my feeder only not to see them for a few weeks after that. Then Bam! All of a sudden I had a deluge, so keep your fingers crossed and your eyes opened and let us know what else arrives.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back