• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Singapore Airport (1 Viewer)

leovb

Hi,

Due to the problems with the server the first Singapore Airport thread is lost.
So here it is again (I'll copy the leads now!!!); Does anyone have tips on looking for birds in a 5 hour time-frame from Singapore Airport?

I can't give you specific answer, but in my limited travel experience, Singapore has got to be one of the most beautiful airports in the world. They also offer a free tour of the country that leaves from the airport. When I took it a couple of years ago, you toured the city/country by bus and also took a boat tour. I remember the guide saying that they have extensive parks along the ocean shore - we saw some of them just outside the airport.

Enjoy!

Leo, I responded to your question earlier. There were a couple of suggestions, including the nearby waterfront. My suggestion is to go to the Botanic Gardens for a good general selection. A taxi will get you there in under 30 minutes. There's a good selection of birds there, from waterhens to parrots - including hanging-parrots - to sunbirds. Plus a bunch of others. You should easily be able to get a reasonable list, 20-30 species, and some wonderful birds, in 2 - 3 hours. Arrange to get a taxi to pick you up at a preset time, but even without Orchard Road, with taxi ranks, is only a ten minute walk away. There are two species of crows around Singapore, large-billed and house. There's no food, take water.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back