• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Short range (1 Viewer)

So yesterday I went to a store to buy a Bushnell Legend UHD 10x42 monoscope. I came home empty handed since they don't carry it in store.
I broke the $20 monocular my GF bought me so today I used the kids Celestron eq telescope to look at our bird feeders and was surprised and upside down.

Calculations come out to 19x magnification.

Originally I was thinking a 10x monocular with a good glass would be fine. After playing with the telescope a little more, the little extra power was nice to get up close.

Now the issue is our your isn't that big. From the covered patio to the line of trees is 25 yrds.

Would a 20x-60x be too much? I wouldn't use the farther end at all.
12x-36x be better?

I'm kind of in between the Bushnell legend at 10x because of the ED glass or Celestron Hummingbird micro 9x-27x.

The angled scope is nice when standing but when we are at the patio having coffee or drinks a straight scope is fine since we are sitting down.

The bug got me and pulled me into the weeds real quick!
Any help or suggestions appreciated

IMG_2564.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back